Are you the proud owner of a WordPress website but you have no idea how to use it?
Do you look at the back end of your website and wonder what all the settings and buttons are for?
Does your website literally scare the pants off you?
If you answered YES to any of those questions, then this course is the life saver you’ve been looking for.
No more scouring YouTube or Google for hours on end to still not find the answer you need. And then, you’ll only get an answer if you know what to ask in the first place.
Navigating WordPress is here to answer all your questions plus more. Designed for beginners, this course breaks down the back end of your website without confusing you with all the techy jargon.
So many courses include so much information that you end up with information overload and you forget what it is you actually wanted to know.
Or they go into so much depth and veer off on tangents that, unless you’re a developer or web designer, you honestly can live without needing to know. Trust me, I’ve been there, done that and bought the t-shirt as they say.
Navigating WordPress is the eCourse for you if you simply want to take back control and learn how to navigate your website without the overwhelm or wasting precious time on Google.
In this 6-module course you will learn:
- How to update your website safely
- How to upload a plugin and tips to selecting the right plugin
- Website security – so your site is safer from hackers
- How to upload a blog – including basic SEO tricks
- How to optimise images – this is super important for SEO and site speed.
- How to change your menus and basic edits
- Plus much more.
You have the option to book a 30-minute Zoom session with me to go through your website, ask questions about the course or simply pick my brain (what’s left of it! haha). You could also use this time to ask me questions about your page builder or how to make changes to your pages. This is hardly ever offered in online courses – most just leave you to fend for yourself! Not me, I’ll be there if you need me. Of course, if you’re a private person who likes to learn solo, there’s no obligation to book the chat. 😉 It’s simply there if you need it.
Book a 1:1 Chat: add $50
This course is for you if:
- You have a basic working knowledge of WordPress and you’d like to build on that.
- You have very little knowledge of WordPress except how to log in – we can get you past that stage!
- You own a WordPress website and you’d like to be able to take back control.
- Your a Virtual Assistant and want to be able to offer WordPress management to your clients – this will help set you apart from your competitors!
- You’re a DIYer and you like to have control over your own business.
This course is probably not for you if:
- You are a web designer or web developer and have a strong working knowledge of WordPress.
- You prefer to have someone manage your website for you.
- You already have a good grasp of website updates, security and basic SEO.
Summary about this course:
This eCourse is designed for the beginner who wants to take back control of their website. Unlike a lot of courses on the market, Navigating WordPress is aimed at the business owner who does not want to get bogged down with technical jargon or learn how to design a new page from scratch. This course is designed to be light-hearted enough that you can sit and learn the basics of WordPress with a coffee and donut – not a dictionary and Google.
Will this course save me money?
Yes! Learning how to manage your own WordPress website can save you money instead of paying for someone to update it for you. It can also save you money in the long run because regularly maintaining your site will minimise the risks of needing to spend hundreds of dollars on a developer to fix a site that’s been left untouched. This course will pay for itself within a couple of months of paying for website management or paying a web person an hourly rate to make those little changes. It will open doors for you if you are a VA as you can add this to your service offerings and scale your business or increase your hourly rate because of your new found technical expertise! If you’re looking to outsource your website management, I also offer a done-for-you service at Belinda Owen Web Designs).
Will you teach me how to use my page builder?
Unfortunately I can’t include that in the course because all page builders are different. I can, however, go through this in the 30-minute 1:1 personalised Zoom session that’s on offer. Simply select the option to add the extra time onto the course, and I will happily go through your website pages with you.